Sunday, September 16, 2007

"What is this Movie Called Again?"

From time to time, I will have the distinct pleasure of coming home from a long day at work to a pretty stoned wife. Which is great, because it makes for some hilarious hijinks. This past Friday, after coming home with a gift card from work, we decided to hit up the local Blockbuster for some movies. We don't frequent Blockbuster whenever we want to get some new DVD's, but since the gift card was for that specific retailer, we had no choice.

My wife was pretty baked for the whole trip out. We got there, and found a rack of movies which were selling at the rate of 4 for 20 bucks. Pretty sweet deal, specially since my gift card was for just that amount. We started picking out movies, and my geek-heart immediately picked up Marvel's animated feature "Ultimate Avengers 2". I know. Shut up. My wife then picked up a used copy of "Half Nelson", which she had been wanting to watch for some time now. I then picked up "Snakes on a Plane" . . . because I have a deep appreciation for Samuel L. Jackson . . . and because it has to be hilarious to watch while high. Our fourth and final DVD choice was a little bit harder. But, after sifting through the rack of movies, I picked up the recent remake of "Miami Vice". I had heard great things, but my wife had been totally anti-watching it in theaters.

Me - Hey, how about this? (Shows her the DVD box)
Wife - Miami Vice? Um, OK. Yeah, why not.
Me - I heard it was good. And it's only 5 bucks.
Wife - Yeah, get it.

We waited in line, paid for the movies, and headed back home. I then joined my wife in her altered state of mind and we popped in "Miami Vice" into the XBOX 360's DVD player. As soon as the opening credits start showing up, my wife sits up and looks at me, a bit on the perplexed side.

Wife - Wait, what is this movie called again?
Me - Miami Vice
Wife - What? I thought we were buying Bad Boys 4 or something.
Me - What the . . . Bad Boys 4? That movie isn't even in production.
Wife - Oh man, I thought it was going to be one of those Bad Boys movies.
Me - I asked you in the store if you wanted to watch "MIAMI VICE", and you said "yes".
Wife - Wow. I'm really high.
Me - Yes. Yes you are.

We laughed pretty hard about that, and then watched the movie. Which was great . . . when something actually happened. I might have to re-watch that again while sober, because when I'm baked, I tend to doze off. And since this movie had long periods of time when practically nothing happened . . . I fell asleep a couple of times. Good thing there are gunshots in the movie, because those woke me up periodically. Otherwise, I would have missed the whole thing.

No comments: